Music Monday: Hip Hop Tributes to Oscar Grant

>> Monday, January 25, 2010

I am Oscar Grant

Earlier today, I uploaded a video me reciting of Jasiri X's Oscar Grant Tribute on YouTube. It was performed on the one-year anniversary vigil organized by Grant's family at the Fruitvale BART Station. Grant was shot in the back by a BART police officer in the early hours of the New Year (2009).

Inspired by Oakland Local's Comprehensive Oscar Grant Memorial and Davey D's Hip Hop speaks out for Oscar Grant here is a collection of Hip Hop Tributes to Oscar Grant.


Each song captures a different energy, aspect of the 'story' and emotions.
Other tracks:


You can also check out my "I am Oscar Grant" Black and White Photography Essay on OaklandLocal.com.

Do you know any other Hip Hop Tributes to Oscar Grant?

Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Insight into my daily regimen. Obviously of a different specimen. Me, myself & I. So fly. Welcome to the Daily Regiment.

This blog is an outlet for me to write about my life experiences. While there will be consistent themes in my writing -- because I am what I project in written form -- the topics will vary from day to day, and post to post.

If you are interested in my formal news reporting, you can visit The Reginald James Report or The Black Hour.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP