PHOTO: Oakland Rising

>> Friday, January 29, 2010


Photo: Reginald James via Oakland Local

I shot this photo from atop the 1600 Franklin Building around 8:30 on Thursday morning. I liked this shot because of the imposing sun blast above the foggy morning sky. Within the low mist, you can see a few Oakland icons.

For me, many of these buildings have a personal significance (From left):

  • 1200 Lakeside Dr (Huey P. Newton's penthouse overlooking the courthouse)
  • 1401 Lakeside Dr (used to help walk a woman to her car when I was 7 yrs old)
  • Hill Castle Apartment Hotel (lived there with mom and dad in late 80s)
  • Malonga Casquelode, aka Alice Arts Center (African dance, capoeira, more)
  • Alameda County Courthouse (Images of the Free Huey rallies)
  • Laney College (where I learned more about myself and the world)
  • Hotel Oakland (seniors from here would read to us at the Main Library)
  • Alameda County Courthouse, Hotel Oakland
And the misty cloud streak GO!

Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Insight into my daily regimen. Obviously of a different specimen. Me, myself & I. So fly. Welcome to the Daily Regiment.

This blog is an outlet for me to write about my life experiences. While there will be consistent themes in my writing -- because I am what I project in written form -- the topics will vary from day to day, and post to post.

If you are interested in my formal news reporting, you can visit The Reginald James Report or The Black Hour.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP