Kemet Awaits: My journey to Egypt, Africa

>> Saturday, May 29, 2010

I've always wanted to go to Egypt. In about 24 hours, I will be in Cairo.

Growing up, I dreamed of going to Egypt. Then Michael Jackson's 'Remember the Time' video came out when I was at Longfellow (Elementary) and I said, 'I'm going to Egypt.' Now, I've been blessed to have a dream come true.

The two week trip is a part of the Merritt College Africana Studies Department's Study Abroad program. The purpose of the program is to "globalize students’ understanding of the African world historically, culturally and politically from an African Centered perspective.

The true name of the land now called Egypt is Kemet, written as KMT. I will be taking lots of photos and posting regularly to this special blog, California to Cairo.

Traveling always makes you grow as a person. Not only did I grow as a human being with my 2005 trip to Bosnia, but after my 2006 trip to Jamaica, I grew locks.

I am extremely great(full) for this opportunity. This experience will make me a better person for the community I serve," Besides documenting the trip on the Cali to Cairo blog, I will be making community presentations this summer and through the fall, to share my experiences.

It is my hope to be able to use the experience to elevate consciousness and respect for Africa, and articulate the greatness of African people. Actually, the greatness of all people and our ability to be great reflections of the Divine Order of Netcher (Nature).


To follow my travels, request a postcard or contribute, visit http://calitocairo.blogspot.com

Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Insight into my daily regimen. Obviously of a different specimen. Me, myself & I. So fly. Welcome to the Daily Regiment.

This blog is an outlet for me to write about my life experiences. While there will be consistent themes in my writing -- because I am what I project in written form -- the topics will vary from day to day, and post to post.

If you are interested in my formal news reporting, you can visit The Reginald James Report or The Black Hour.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP