Alameda Islamic Center holding fundraiser

>> Wednesday, August 18, 2010



My masjid (see, mosque) in Alameda is holding a fundraiser Saturday, August 21. The fundraiser will be at the Chandni Restaurant in Newark. Featured speakers are: Imam Zaid Shakir, Amir Abdul Malik Ali, Dr. Mohammad Rajabally and Sister Ameena Jandali.

Tickets are $20 in advance or $25 at the door - to purchase, call (510) 410-4006 or Email.

Last year, the Islamic Center of Alameda (ICA) was able to purchase the building it's rented out for decades.

"Alhamdulillah, our prayers were answered and Allah (SWT) blessed us. We received donations from brothers and sisters from all over the Bay Area, across the United States and overseas," wrote Imam Musa Balde. "The $270,000 borrowed from generous brothers and sisters are due now, and hence the Fundraiser Iftar is being held to repay them as we promised."

After taking shahaddah nearly six years ago, I have seen our Ummah (community) grow.

"Our community has been doubling in size over the last few years, as more Brothers and Sisters accept Islam," Balde said. The center now offers many programs such as feeding the needy, a Madrassa (school for children), summer camp and Prison/Community Dawah (outreach).

The dinner is Saturday, August 21st at 5:00 PM at Chandni Restaurant 5748 Mowry School Rd Newark, CA 94560. Tickets available at www.icabayarea.org or by calling (510) 410-4006.

Even if you cannot make to the fundraiser, please consider a donation for the sake of Allah, which can be made through our PayPal link on our website.

Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Insight into my daily regimen. Obviously of a different specimen. Me, myself & I. So fly. Welcome to the Daily Regiment.

This blog is an outlet for me to write about my life experiences. While there will be consistent themes in my writing -- because I am what I project in written form -- the topics will vary from day to day, and post to post.

If you are interested in my formal news reporting, you can visit The Reginald James Report or The Black Hour.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP