15 Songs About Rain I Like

>> Sunday, October 24, 2010

A lot of artists have made songs about Rain. Madonna's "Rain", Mariah Carey's "Through the Rain", . One song about rain name drops "Songs About Rain".

Most of the songs associate the rain with pain. That's why, "I can't stand the rain" has been covered so many times. Artists like Eruption, Seal, Janis Joplin and Tina Turner all sing, they "Can't Stand the Rain."

Hip Hop has many tracks about rain, too.

Of course, Missy Elliott's Supa Dupa Fly "The Rain" (Can't Stand the Rain). Mobb Deep and Lil Kim's "Quiet Storm" evokes the rain in the beat, but it's not a song about rain. Will Smith and Jill Scott's "The Rain" and Shaq and Notorious B.I.G. "Can't Stop the R.E.I.G.N.".

Fat Joe and Lil Wayne's "Make it Rain" is a different type of rain all together. Of course, Mac Dre's "Raining Game" was considered, but it was more about "sauce" than "water" dropping from the sky.

There are way too many songs about rain to list here. Here are 15 I like. Hope you enjoy them too!



15. "Still Raining, Still Dreaming" by Jimi Hendrix


14. "It Never Rains in Southern California" by Albert Hammond


13. "Songs About Rain" by Gary Allan


12. "Rain" by Creed


11. "Kiss the Rain" by Billie Myers


10. "Purple Rain Drops" by Stevie Wonder


9. "November Rain" by Guns N' Roses


8. "Please Don't Stop the Rain" by James Morrison


7. "Kisses in the Rain" by John Pizzarelli


6. "Candy Rain" by Soul IV Real


5. "It Never Rains in Southern California" by Tony! Toni! Tone!


4. "Here Comes the Rain Again" by Eurythmics



3. "I Can't Stand the Rain" by Ann Peebles



2. "Can You Stand the Rain" by New Edition


1. "The Rain" by Oran Juice Jones


Are there any songs I missed?

Share

7 comments:

S.Ma'at October 24, 2010 at 6:15 PM  

I wish it would rain! Temptations!

Anonymous,  November 7, 2010 at 8:34 PM  

...milli vanilli's "blame it on the rain"...*runs*

Unknown July 14, 2016 at 9:30 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown July 14, 2016 at 9:31 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Insight into my daily regimen. Obviously of a different specimen. Me, myself & I. So fly. Welcome to the Daily Regiment.

This blog is an outlet for me to write about my life experiences. While there will be consistent themes in my writing -- because I am what I project in written form -- the topics will vary from day to day, and post to post.

If you are interested in my formal news reporting, you can visit The Reginald James Report or The Black Hour.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP