Girls with Gold Teeth

>> Thursday, December 23, 2010

There's something I like that I'm not supposed to. I like girls with gold teeth.

Not just any ol' grill, but open-faced gold ones. Something happens with that gold twinkle hits my eyes.

When the Trending Topic landed in my Twitter timeline, I posted: #secretturnon Women with open-face gold ones. hahaha.

It was funny in the moment. I later went through my retweets for the month and came across this message: "My Kryptonite: girls with "open face gold ones.""

At this point, I don't know what prompted that first tweet, but there is clearly a pattern of confused desire.

Thinking back to where this habit may have formed, I have four theories:

  1. An elder in the community, a grandma, or somebody had gold teeth. My affinity for them has led to my perceived attraction to shorties with the grill
  2. When grills were poppin' in my high school days, I remember some pretty fly young ladies who had gold teeth. Maybe, I have a delayed/latent attraction
  3. Maybe it was Halle Berry in BAPS? 
  4. There's something I associate with the gold teeth that I'm feeling.
Sometimes we have ideas in our heads that create certain associations. I'm not sure what I associate gold teeth with. It's not wealth. Lord knows, although Glenn Beck and Alex Jones hawk gold on their shows, a grill is not the best investment.

Although there is something distinctly African about grills, I don't necessarily associate gold teeth with only Black folks. Besides the fact that young Latinos, South East Asians and White Folks get gold teeth too (in the Bay Area), I've regularly seen older Asians with gold teeth.

Unfortunately, Google Images doesn't appear to provide any justification for my fashionable fetish. Every single search combination I've tried brings up Flavor Flav. Not a turn-on.

Gold teeth is a form of facial adornment. It's definitely gotten way too out of hand. Then again, if I had disposal income, I might do that. But I'll get braces before gold teeth. (Don't worry ladies, I'm keeping the gap).

It's not something I see often these days. Then again, I don't travel down South as frequently as I used to. But even in Oakland, there were some woman--of good pedigree--rocking the grillz. But in this economy, it's not a wise investment.

But it's still cute.



After watching this video, I think I think I changed my mind.

Photo Credit: Watchyoursetup.com, NYTimes.com, © Paul Barton/Corbis, Grillz Video

Share

9 comments:

S.Ma'at December 25, 2010 at 1:03 PM  

You getting a grill? I used to enjoy men with Gold ones (lol) as I've progressed, I do agree it's a bad investment! In the words of Mr. West, "It's in a Black person's soul to rock that gold." Good Read.

Trice

Jeremy Killian April 18, 2011 at 7:21 PM  

There's really something fascinating about gold teeth. No, it's more than just the wealth and anything like that, or the people who usually wear it like Flava Flav. I say that that it must be #4, though we wonder what exact association would that be.

Joel Jackson November 22, 2011 at 6:54 AM  

Yes, there's nothing wrong with gold teeth, if that's what you prefer. But having gold teeth doesn't mean you need not visit your dentist. You still need dental maintenance, even if you have glimmering chompers.

Kristi November 9, 2012 at 6:26 PM  

Gold is cool but make sure to keep the others ones white and pearly.

Unknown December 22, 2014 at 12:52 AM  

Hi is there anyone in south Africa that likes braces and also like gold fillings and crowns interesting

Unknown December 22, 2016 at 8:59 AM  

Hi anyone out there that likes braces

Unknown August 10, 2018 at 8:37 AM  

I LOVE CRICKET
INDIA. .........
SUNRISES HYDERABAD . .............

Scarlit-Rose Ashcraft aka Dreamer Queen August 5, 2023 at 8:21 PM  

Gold is beautiful. Of course it's also an option for restoration, not just an elective form of decoration hehe. I think it's beautiful that way, why hide flaws? I have a few molar with gold on lays on them, which are in my smile.. and if I had money I'd get gold bridges which would cover most my molars, rather than these annoying but nicely high end removable acrylic bridges.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Insight into my daily regimen. Obviously of a different specimen. Me, myself & I. So fly. Welcome to the Daily Regiment.

This blog is an outlet for me to write about my life experiences. While there will be consistent themes in my writing -- because I am what I project in written form -- the topics will vary from day to day, and post to post.

If you are interested in my formal news reporting, you can visit The Reginald James Report or The Black Hour.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP