From Alameda to Louisiana

>> Saturday, July 23, 2011

On my way to a family reunion in Louisiana, I was able to stop in Lake Charles and visit my oldest (known) relative, Mildred Carriere.


Mildred with my mother, Deborah James. The original art is of my great great great-grandmother Francis Garland.


Mom and her cousin, Alvin, who gave us a ride from Houston.


Mildred Carriere, 98, is my great-grandmother Alma Carriere's first cousin. Mildred was born in 1913 in Lake Charles, LA.


Group photo: Carriers, Holliers and Donattos.

I was recently involved in a major genealogical project with youth in Alameda County. You can read more on the African American Genealogical Society of Northern California blog.

Share

1 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP